The Young Farmers & Ranchers Excellence in Agriculture Award recognizes the accomplishments of contestants that derive the majority of their income from efforts other than agriculture, but are involved in farming and Farm Bureau. Competitors are evaluated on their:
- Understanding of agricultural issues
- Leadership experiences and achievement
- Ability to communicate their agricultural story
- Participation in Farm Bureau and other organizations (i.e. civic, service, and community)
ENTRY DEADLINE IS MARCH 31, 2021.
Applicants for the Excellence in Agriculture Award competition must meet the following criteria:
- Must not derive the majority of their income from an owned agricultural operation for the past three years.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau.
- May be an individual or a married couple (husband and wife).
- Must be a Farm Bureau member between the ages of 18 and 35. The individual or spouse will not have reached their 36th birthday by January 31st of the year following the Arkansas State Farm Bureau Convention at which the competitive event is held. If the spouse is over 35 years of age, the applicant must apply as an individual.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee or their spouses are not eligible to compete.
- Previous Arkansas Excellence in Agriculture Award winners, and/or winners of the American Farm Bureau Excellence in Agriculture Award are not eligible to compete.
- County, state and national Farm Bureau employees and employees of affiliate companies are not eligible.
- Applicants may compete in only one state or national event per year.
The prizes for the Arkansas Excellence in Agriculture Award are:
- $11,000 cash prize for the winner
- $1,500 cash prizes for two runners-up
Prizes are provided by the Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Arkansas Farm Bureau and PCI Printing Company.