Public Relations Specialist
JOB POSTING DATE
June 3, 2022
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Serve as content creator and storyteller for Arkansas Farm Bureau’s public relations department. Work with other Arkansas Farm Bureau team members around the state to identify interesting and educational agriculture stories to share. Supports the organization’s content strategy by producing written, digital, video and audio stories, as well as providing photography and social media content and assisting with scheduling and posting of content online. Works with other members of the public relations team to brainstorm and develop new ideas for “telling the farming story.”
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, agricultural communications, journalism, new media, marketing or related degree and six (6) years of previous public relations/news/communications experience or 10 years of closely related work experience. Experience as member of a team responsible for defining, creating and implementing communication strategies/plans that connect the organization’s strategic objectives/goals and/or developing and creating engaging and timely multimedia content.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Ability to acquire proficiency in effective writing, photography, video/audio recording and production.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in visual, digital media and social media. Understanding of agriculture, rural life and Arkansas Farm Bureau.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to prioritize and complete projects.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis. Personal skills to include creativity, adaptability, initiative, a cooperative/team spirit and a keen sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and/or with groups.
- Ability to coordinate and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills to work and relate with a variety of individuals, including skills to train and motivate volunteer members.
- Ability to analyze a project’s aim, plan steps needed to accomplish aims/provide leadership to get appropriate tasks done.
- Flexible work schedule to include extended hours and overnight travel (in and out of state).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
We accept resumes by:
Fax: (501) 228-1506
Arkansas Farm Bureau Federation
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
PO Box 31
Little Rock, AR. 72203-0031
QUESTIONS OR INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT